Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yay, Spring!

This picture is about three weeks old. 
I must be an awful mother because I haven't taken any pictures of Nate for a couple weeks.

Nathaniel and I are really enjoying this warmer weather. One day last week, Nate sat in the stroller while I cleaned up the front garden. Once the fall leaves were picked up, I was happy to see we had crocuses. Spring is finally here. I'm looking forward to spending our afternoons in the back garden if Nate will stand for the play pen. Lately, his favourite activity is walking while I hold his hands. It's kind of hard on my 38-year-old back, but he has shown absolutely no interest in learning to crawl. He's also showing a preference for sitting on the floor playing instead of jumping in his exersaucer.

We went swimming yesterday and went all the way underwater! The moms were more freaked out by it than the babies. Nobody cried and there was only a little bit of sputtering. Nathaniel blinked a couple of times to get the water out of his eyes, but other than that you'd never know we dunked. We have a new instructor since one of the lifeguards broke his arm. She's the supervisor of the pool and we like her very much. She's been teaching swimming lessons for 23 years and is very good with the babies. 

Warning: Mom bragging about her kid...

The new instructor asked me if Nate has had previous swimming lessons because he floats on his back so well. He completely relaxes  with his head on my shoulder and looks at the lights on the ceiling. On his tummy, he kicks his legs and looks around at the other kids. 

We don't have any plans for the rest of the week besides spending as much time outside as possible. Also, don't forget to hit the subscribe button at the left to be notified by email when I update the blog. See you next week!

No comments: